Transition Services are available to students on an IEP or 504 Plan. Services may be offered in high school and/or beyond high school. Some of these services include the following:
- Pre-Employment Transition Services:
- Work Readiness Training
- Self Advocacy Training
- On the Job Training
- Vocational Evaluation and Planning
- Career Counseling and Guidance
- Job Coaching
- Job Placement
- Training and Education After High School
- Job Site Assessment and Accommodations
- Supported and Customized Employment
- Assistive Technology and Devices
- Medical and Psychological Assessment
- Time-limited Medical and/or Psychological Treatment
To access these services you will need to fill out a referral form. Please turn in the referral form to your IEP Case Manager. If your student has a 504, please turn the form into your guidance counselor. Access the referral forms here: https://www.scps.k12.fl.us/district/departments/student-support-services/ese-services/transition/pre-ets/
Virtual Work Readiness Training
Virtual Work-Readiness Training-Register Now for the April 2021 Class! - Space is limited. Class is being offered online.
Work Readiness Training: Tuesday/Thursday
Class Dates: 4/6, 4/8, 4/13, 4/15, 4/20, 4/22, 4/27, 4/29
Class Time: 4:30pm-7:00pm
Location: This 20 hour course will be offered online.
How to Register: Complete the online registration form by visiting this link: http://bit.ly/wrt-april21
Deadline to Register: Wednesday, March 24th.
What happens after I complete the registration form above: You will receive an e-mail from the Transition Team. The e-mail will contain paperwork which needs to be completed to finalize your registration for the class.
- Develop a Resumé
- Interview Skills
- Search and Apply for Jobs Online
- Find and Complete Job Applications
- Manage Employers Contacts
- Handle Conflict
- Navigate Public Transportation
- Review Employee Benefits