- All student athletes entering the ninth grade must have been promoted from the 8th grade and maintain a 2.0 grade point average.
- Each athlete must complete and pass a physical prior to trying out in any sport; this includes any preseason conditioning practice. All physicals must be signed by a parent/guardian. Forms are available in the front office, guidance office, athletic office, or here: FHSAA Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Form
- Students must have proof of a valid health care insurance provider. A copy of the student’s birth certificate and Social Security card must be on file with the athletic office.
- All student athletes are subject to and must adhere to the SCPS Citizenship Policy. Athletic participation is a privilege and all athletes must represent their school and sport in a positive light on and off campus or risk the chance of losing this privilege.
- All requirements listed above must be met prior to tryouts/participation.
Online Sports Physical Submission Information
All sports physicals in Seminole County will be submitted online for clearance to participate in athletics. As a parent, this process eliminates the need to “DROP” your paperwork at the school or “SEND” it with your student-athlete. We look forward to the numerous benefits that this system will provide for you, your student-athlete, our coaches and the LMHS Athletic Department.
All Athletes interested in participating in athletics at Lake Mary MUST Complete the process below.
Documents to have on hand: Physical, Insurance Card, Parent Dr. License, and Birth Certificate.
- Visit www.AthleticClearance.com and choose your state.
- Register and complete the 7 fields including a security question. Parents MUST register with a valid email, username, and password.
- You will be asked to submit an activation code that will be displayed on the screen. Enter the code and click submit.
- Login using your email address and password that you registered with.
- Select “Start Clearance Here” to start the process.
- Select “School Year”, select “School”, Select “Sport” in which the student plans to participate in first (you can select other sports later).
- Example 2020-2021, Lake Mary, Football.
- Complete all required fields for
- Student Information- Please use legal name as appears in Skyward
- Student Uploads-
- If you have a current physical on file in the athletic office, we can upload it. Remember a physical dated from your doctor lasts 365 days.
- If you have played a sport at Lake Mary, we can verify your birth certificate. 9th graders and transfers need to provide this upload.
- Please upload a picture of your insurance card. If you have school insurance, we will verify coverage in the athletic office.
- Parent Driver’s License- used to confirm parent consent.
- Medical History- Answer all questions and provide necessary information.
- Signature Forms- Answer all questions and provide necessary information.
- Optional Donation to your athletic program.
- Once you reach the Confirmation Message you have completed the process.
- If you would like to register for additional sports, you may check off those sports below the Confirmation Message. Electronic signatures will be applied to the additional sports/activities.
- All this data will be electronically filed with your school’s athletic department for review. When the student has been cleared for participation, an email notification will be sent.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Athletic Department at 407-320-9557 or email Griselle_Quinones@scps.k12.fl.us