Steps for Spring 2021 Dual Enrollment Applicants
Spring Term B Session
- March 15 - May 1
- Last Day to add a class: March 17
Students should consult with school counselor regarding criteria for enrollment.
- Students seeking to start Dual Enrollment with Seminole State for Spring 2021 or later must complete the Dual Enrollment application. Bring the application to your school counselor to complete the counselor consent portion. Then bring your completed application to the DE office at SSC or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for new Spring applications is December 4, 2021.
*This part only enrolls you as an SSC Dual Enrollment student. It does not actually register you for classes.
When you have been accepted, the SSC Dual Enrollment office will email you your SSC ID#. They will provide you with instructions on setting up a MySCC student account. This will then become your main source of communication with SSC.
- Go to www.seminolestate.edu Click Academics, then "Search Courses". A helpful resource is the Dual Enrollment High School Subject Area Equivalency List.
- You should then email your LMHS counselor with your specific courses of interest to determine eligibility.
- Registration for the Spring opens on November 17th. After this date student must complete the SSCdualenrollmentregistrationform and bring it to your LMHS counselor to sign. Once complete bring it to the SSC Dual Enrollment office or email via your SSC email account to email@example.com Copy your LMHS counselor on this email.
- Once you are enrolled in classes you will receive a copy of your schedule in your SSC email account. Send your LMHS counselor a copy of your SSC dual enrollment schedule. It is important that your LMHS counselor knows exactly what you have registered for so that she can be sure that your LMHS schedule reflects DE and is correct.
- At this point you need to complete the textbook order form at DE Textbook Order Form. Textbook orders will be ready for pickup on January 6, 7, or 8th at the campus location you indicated on the form. When the order is processed by SSC, you will receive an email receipt with a list of materials. You should bring a digital or print copy of the receipt to the bookstore on January 6, 7, or 8th when you pick up your book(s). If you have a digital product you will receive a separate email with a link and instructions.
* Any students taking courses face-to-face on their high school campus or via Seminole Connect at an SCPS high school campus will receive their textbooks from their SSC DE teacher.